Thursday 8 March 2012

Thursday Nights, Channel 5 by @Kayem84



Once again we come up to the much mocked, (started by us) Europa league, a painful reminder of our poor Champions League campaign. But is it just me who is starting to find it strangely satisfying? No honestly hear me out.....

Now as a one off, and can't stress that any more, as a one off, this could be one of the best things to happen to us this season.

As much as I miss the champions league, home of the most memorable game I have attended in Moscow, if you were honest we would have to be very lucky to compete with Real and Barca this year. A young side, playing full of confidence at the start of the season and playing some of our best football for years, were exposed at times for their lack of experience. It is no doubt we have benefited from Scholes's experience in the last few weeks, as well as his obvious talent.

Now here, by chance due to our inexperienced euro performances, has dropped in our laps an opportunity for our undoubtedly talented young lads to pick up some European experience in a less competitive competition with less expectations. I even know reds who would celebrate us being knocked out!

A huge fear for me this year was the run in with those citeh lot may have been surrendered by playing weakened sides to help progress in the champions league, a trophy I feel that, sad as it is to say, would be a step too far once again.

Instead we find ourselves in a great position were we have a strong chance to get ourselves a winnable trophy whilst giving our future stars some valuable European experience, and on top of that rest our key players for our league run in, which is now looking like favouring us rather than citeh!

Now while you may say that citeh are in the same boat, I challenge you to roll 5 names of young players they can bring in for the europa league to rest key first team players, I can't do it!

I can see this run ending in title number 20 come May, and potentially a league and Europa double. Now, tell me, would you argue with that?

Thursday nights, channel 5, bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment